Monday, August 23, 2010

Are YOU breaking out?

I normally don't breakout and it sucks that I'm going through one right now for I don't know what reason. Two giant friends decided to emerge out of my face and say hello to the world. Great for them... not so great for me. So aside from covering them up the best I can, I've been going around trying to figure out how to get them to go away. These 2 large zits are the BIGGEST I have ever had in my entire life. I swear I'm not even lying on this one. SO, after two days I'm finally starting to see a difference. So how do you get rid of a pimple? Read on:

1. Cleanse your face (2 times a day - no more, no less)
2. Moisturize your face. Even though you think the moisturizer might cause it to grow more, believe it or not, dry skin can exacerbate excessive sebum production and cause more pimples!
3. Take a clean Q-tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol (I just use a generic brand 95%)
4. Take that Q-tip and press it over your zit. Hold it there until you feel it tingle or sting a bit. Then hold it there for another 10 seconds (don't do this if you can't stand the pain cause chances are it's popped and you're putting rubbing alcohol on your raw skin. Ew.)
5. Let the rubbing alcohol absorb and evaporate for a minute
6. Dab tea tree oil on the zit.
7. Sleep it off

As you can see, this is pretty easy and relatively cheap. I used to use tooth paste back in high school then I realized that it just didn't work. This honestly is the fastest way to dry out a pimple for me. Or if you feel one coming, doing this right away will prevent it from becoming a full-blown pimple. The other day I had a tiny little pimple that had pus in it (sorry I know that probably just grossed you out). I did the above, and now you can't even see it. I didn't give it the chance to turn into a pimple. Whereas before this, there was another zit just like this one only I left it alone and now it's among the 2 giant zits that colonized on my face.

Comment below if you tried it and it worked/didn't work for you.

Love dove! <3

1 comment:

  1. Good Advice!

    Rrggg! I hate breakouts!

    Ciao<3,

    Kailey
    http://huotk-fiercefabulousfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete