Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MAC Fabulous Felines

So I wasn't planning on getting anything from this collection but I was walking by the MAC store during my lunch break and saw an eyeshadow from the Fabulous felines that I just fell in love with. It's not exactly the most groundbreaking colour, but I had really wanted a nice shimmery gold colour and this seemed to be the perfect colour I was looking for. It's called Skintone 2 and it's described as a dirty gold that's a frost. I asked if they could be purchased separately but who are we kidding here? It's MAC. So I left and didn't get it. Then I walked back the other day and thought "oh what the heck", being the shopaholic I am, I decided to get it anyway and try to make the colours work together.

I have to say this is a really great palette and I've been using it everyday ever since I got it. Not 100% sure right now whether it's from the guilt of buying it or that it's actually a good everyday look but I'm trying to convince myself it's the latter. That aside, I do believe that this is a really nice everyday look. The colours are: Burmese Beauty (Top Left), Showstopper (Top Right), Skintone 2 (Bottom Left) and Prized (Bottom Right).

The only disappointment I have about this palette is that the Burmese Beauty is not as pigmented as I wanted it to be. I really thought it'd be a nice duochrome brown/teal colour. But sometimes it shows up as just brown or just teal, so I have to really pack on the colour to make it show. It doesn't work without a primer also. I think I might have to add a base to make it stick better too. I'll try that tomorrow. It kind of reminds me of my MAC Blue Brown Pigment.

I definitely recommend getting this palette because the colours are beautiful and they're more worth it than buying each colour individually (even though you can't). It was $45 for all for shadows whereas 4 shadows plus a magnetic palette would usually cost $57. So you are saving money by buying the quad. I just wish that we could choose the colours we wanted to from all the fabulous felines quads and make our own rather than having set quads.

I'll be reviewing Revlon's Matte lipsticks soon so stay tuned!
Love dove! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment